Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream: Review

Trying the gimmicky stuff so you don't have to.  About 2 months ago I bought the Jergens BB Body Cream because my curiosity was peaked.  I read a review about it, and the blogger really enjoyed it so I decided to give it a go.  But before I give you my opinion, let me tell you what Jergens says about their product:


JERGENS® BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream delivers flawless-looking skin with 5 visible benefits in just 5 days. This revolutionary body lotion goes on sheer, dries quickly, and works like a moisturizer to visibly improve your skin with every use.
INSTANTLY: HYDRATES - ILLUMINATES
IN 5 DAYS: EVENS - FIRMS - CORRECTS

What Can BB Do for Your Skin?

BB Body Cream delivers varying benefits depending on your skin tone. It goes on sheer and then adjusts differently to a range of shades.
This lotion comes in two "shades" depending on your skin tones.  There is one for "all light skin tones" and "all medium-deep skin tones".  In their description they state that the cream adjusts to a range a shades.  I just don't know how it does that or if that claim is even true.
It comes out a slight peach color.

Does my hand look firmer?
I mean, if someone who had much darker skin than me used the version for light skin, would it make a difference?  One of the claims is that it evens so I feel there must be ingredient that imparts some color.  Keep in mind that this is not a tanning lotion.  Ok, so let see if this shizz works.
I went on vaca to a tropical place for a little over two weeks so my legs saw some sun and some loving from mosquitoes.  My legs were not looking so hot.
Ooo, yeah.  Sexy foot veins.
I had blotchiness and discoloration, some cuts and bruises.  I was hoping that the lotion would give me a bit more evenness at the bare minimum.  Let's see after a week's use.
Now with fancier sandals!
Please keep in mind that the light was different when I took the after photo.  However, I think you can see there's some difference but not a ton.  I still have some unevenness is color, and while the cuts and bruises healed, that has more to do natural healing as opposed to the cream.
Did it at least work as a lotion?  Sure.  It moisturized perfectly well, but I didn't see an illuminating effect either.  Nor did it firm.  Honestly, out of the five claims that it makes, it only did one for me.  I used the entire bottle in about two months with not much to show for it.  Would I repurchase?  No, for a few of reasons.  One, it's expensive for a drugstore lotion.  This will run you anywhere from 11 to 14 bucks for 7.5 fl oz.  I had a coupon so I got mine for about 10 dollars.  You can purchase a regular bottle of Jergens lotion 26.5 fl oz for about 6 dollars.  That's over three times the amount for almost half the price.  They performed the same function for me so I don't think it's worth it.  The second I wouldn't repurchase is the scent.  I find it hard to describe.  The best I can come up with is a candied flowers.  I really did not like it.  And finally, it just didn't do what it said on the package.  I can't say this won't work for others.  It does have good reviews on Amazon, but I can't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment