Thursday, June 12, 2014

Coveting this Week: Too Faced Pro-Essential Teddy Bear Hair Brush Set

Why are names for cosmetics so long?  Seriously, people?  Why do such small things have such big names?

 photo WHY_zps2e60fda7.gif
I miss you, Danny Glover
Moving along, let's get to what and why I'm coveting this Teddy Bear Hair Brush Set.  I don't remember exactly when I started using make-up brushes.  Maybe it was in college.  Before then, I just used what sponge tip or brush came with the make-up.  Don't get me wrong.  These things can apply eyeshadow and blush, but it terms of really blending and finessing the look, that dog just won't hunt.  The first set I got was from Target.  My sister-in-law gave me a travel set from Sonia Kashuk (Thanks, April!).  I still have and use them, actually.  They're pretty high quality for being so inexpensive.  As time has gone by, I have acquired more brushes.  Some are more expensive than others.  Some are softer than others, but they all work to give me the look that I want.  Since becoming so involved in make-up, I have seen all manner of brushes and their quality.  I really feel that they are an important part of my make-up routine.  I kind of want to start getting some brushes of higher quality that are very soft.  Here's where Too Faced comes in.

So Purdy
These brushes are synthetic which I like.  While you can get natural hair brushes that are cruelty free, they are pretty hard on your pocketbook.  Do people say pocketbook anymore?  It's a weird word to say over and over.  Try it, I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Weird, right?!  Anywho, I generally prefer synthetic and these are ultra soft.  And they are cute.  Sorry, but I like me some cute stuff.  Puppies and kitties?  Love that stuff.  Look at these brushes!  Look at the bag that they come in!  It's got a teddy bear zipper pull for Pete's sake!  And so many hearts.  I heart little hearts.  These are definitely going on the birthday/ Christmas list.  Are brushes part of your make-up world?  Do you think it's worth it to buy expensive brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment