Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What's Your Sign, Baby?: Aquarius

Aquarius, January 21 - February 19
Symbol: Water Bearer
Element: Air

According to Buzzle, Aquarius has a:
Secret Desire - "To be unique and original"

Aquarians are highly focused and mind-oriented individuals. Being outgoing and amiable they make many friends wherever they go. They are intelligent, concise, and logical and have strong political, environmental, or social beliefs. In relationships, when they feel the person is worthy of their love or friendship, they can become amazing friends or lovers, can give up everything for their partners, and be faithful to them throughout life.


Can anyone actually think of the word Aquarius with out thinking about the Fifth Dimension song?  Is that song stuck in your head right now?  No?  Click here.  You're welcome.  In any case, for me Aquarius brings to mind the 60's, psychedelic colors, and people walking around bare foot.  The main color of this sign is electric blue so I thought that I would do a sort of interpretation of 60's mod make-up.  Think Twiggy, but larger and more Puerto Rican.  This look isn't for everyone, but Aquarians want to be "unique and original."  This definitely fits that bill.

I don't know how I can look so incredibly drunk while
my eyes are closed.

Let the sunshine in indeed.

Some barefoot hippie ticked me off.

I used a bright matte blue all over the lid.  I really blended it out for maximum awesomeness.  I added a bit of glitter right on the center of the lid.  For the waterline, I used a sliver pencil, cause why not?  I used a shimmery peach for the cheeks, and a more orangey peach for the lips.  I also used a crap ton of mascara because that's what Twiggy would do.  What do you think?  Are you feeling this modern mod look?

No comments:

Post a Comment